We love what we do. We’re disc golfers and we’re proud of it! But sometimes we like to keep our disc golf idioms within our circle disc golf peers. After all, non-disc golfers just don’t understand many of the things us disc golfers do.
Here are 10 things that many of us disc golfers are just a little embarrassed to admit to our non-disc golfer friends:
10. We brag to our friends about owning a first run Buzzz AND a first run Buzzz Mini
9. Our phone’s auto-correct changes buzz to Buzzz and rock to Roc.
8. We all have that one friend who thinks buying new discs will improve his game. If we don’t have that friend, we are that friend.
7. We’re actually insulted when someone calls it ‘Frisbee golf’ but we hold it in.
6. We are seriously considering buying a mini basket for our desks at work. Those of us who don’t already have one, that is.
5. We carry wet wipes and a roll of toilet paper in our bags. Both get used.
4. We’ve planned out an 18 hole course in our yard using Google Maps.
3. Our phones contain more pictures of disc golf baskets than our families.
2. We can tell you the flight rating of our dinner plates.
1. We own over 100 discs but score better when we only carry two.
Honorable Mention: Huck Face! We all have crazy huck faces that usually look as though we’re forcing out gas, but the fact is most of us are actually proud of those crazy facial contortions. Of course, we rarely admit that.
Do any of these apply to you? Do you have other disc golf habits that you keep secret? Please share this post and let your embarrassing disc golf habits out of the bag!
And don’t forget to follow the DG Puttheads on Facebook!
I don’t get brand new disc’s very often but when I do it’s only right to sleep with it under your pillow the very first night, “if you don’t the disc will never respect you.”
Yes totally! And the new disc always gets shotgun privileges in the car for the first week!
If possible, the bag goes everywhere we do just in case we happen to be near a course with a little extra time.
Exactly – we always have a disc on hand – you just never know right?
I am that guy that thinks new disk make my game better I’ll admit it
Takes a strong disc golfer to admit that 😉
Whenever a disc golf is reading something and sees this “putting” we read it as, I was putting on hole 3. We even read it that way when it says, I was putting the groceries away.
Hah, lol. I do that too!
Hahaha yes we do that too!!
I don’t play all that often but a friend of mine got me into going and I pretty much sucked major ass when I first started but got addicted and wanted to go constantly and now I am not too bad. I love the game I think about it all the time!
Awesome to hear you got addicted, and thanks for reading!
“Golf with frisbees?”
Sadly we’ll never hear the end of “Golf with Frisbees”, but I’ve learned to control that condescending eye roll
I throw my discs in the washing machine to clean before a tournament.
Hadn’t thought of that. I’ve seen dishwashers, but that can damage plastic. Cold wash may be a good option
Anyone else have the sound of chains as their ringtone?
Yep!! Recorded chains at Kenwood Park in Cadillac, MI and that was my text sound for a while. Love that you do that too!
No need for a long explanation, disc golfers know this. ……..don’t say “Nice” lol
At least don’t say nice at least until shot is thrown and is no longer moving. I cannot stand when someone says nice shot when disc is still in the air, then it hits a tree and kicks off to OB.
When I’m on a road trip and checking out the scenery along the way, I’m plotting out the hole I would put on that piece of land, and that piece of land, and THAT piece of land, etc., etc.
LOL – we do that all the time!
I buy new discs because the stamp is sick and I have to have it no matter how many of that disc I own already. The more the merrier just in case I lose one.
Good call – some of those stamps are amazing!
When your arm is a very close relative to those you’d find inside a Kraft macaroni and cheese box, you understand that a new disc isn’t going to change your game..