Episode three is ready for your ears. We talk about our experience planning a casual disc golf event, not a tournament.
- We are competitive, but not all of our friends appreciate the fine arts of tournament play and playing to win.
- Some of our friends just want to hang out and have some fun.
- Life application: know your audience
- Communicate on terms that the audience understands
- What if you don’t know your audience?
- What is Natalfest/Disception
- Started as a birthday gathering
- Intention is to get some friends together and have some casual fun
- 18 holes on your own
- 18 holes with your doubles partner, chosen by singles placement
- Overall winner is best total score and gets to sign/care for the trophy
- What have we learned?
- Advertise earlier
- Expect people to drop – schedules change
- Figure $5 per person for food
- Leaves $15 for discs and prizes
- (spoiler alert, this isn’t enough and you should either charge more or reduce to 1 disc per person)
- Discraft misprint boxes are fun
- Reduced disc rounds are fun
- Product Reviews
Please use the comment form below, Facebook, or Twitter to give us some feedback on this episode. Or send us a note via our contact form.
Intro Music: Down by Against the Gray
Disc Golf Chicken: